24 May 2012

Day 4

 Seuraa blogiani Bloglovinin avulla

Breakfast: banana, mixed berries, flaxseed and oat milk
Lunch: salad at uni: lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled onion, jalapeño, raisins, dried onion and peanuts
**Had to pass beetroot because it was obviously boiled.
Afternoon coffee: chocolate-banana-vanilla-oatmilkshake
Dinner: salad; cabbage in vinegar, romaine, tomato, olives, yellow peas, sunflower seeds, garlic and pea shoots in olive oil; pineapple
**Peas were boiled because they didn´t really sprout and tasted bad. I´ve noticed that pineapple is quite filling -  I recommend!

Lately I´ve been walking outside a lot checking out the flora and looking for wild food to eat. Not much luck by far, excpet for the nettle. But aimless walking is always relaxing. One of my favourite sites in Vaasa is this sea shore near the hospital. It´s perfect for admiring sunsets and why not for meeting late night dog walkers.


Summer is here and even if it´s just something like +18 I see people wearing shorts and t-shirts. I´m still sticking to my scarf... Summer is the smell of freshly cut grass, crowded baseball games, chairs outside cafés, people riding bikes everywhere, flowers in bloom, boats being scrubbed and repainted, music from an open garage...


Food-wise today went well but I´m not liking this thing anymore. It´s already proved that it´s possible to live on raw food but who knows about the long-term consequences? Raw food keeps you energetic and you can keep going all day without napping. But there are just too many cravings..! Today I´m craving for crisp bread and herring among other things. I think I´m going for a burger tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment