23 May 2012

Day 2


My shift ended at 7am and I headed home in a beautiful morning sunlight. I´ve felt good today, not hungry nor tired. I managed the night shift really well too, eating just one banana during those 8 hours. Here´s the dose of the day:

Night snack: tomato, cashews
**Tomatoes actually contain a lot of carbohydrates...
Breakfast: tea; smoothie with strawberries, cranberries, chaga tea, apple, sitruunamelissa, maca and lemon
Lunch: courgette “spaghetti” and tomato sauce, mushroom salad; fresh pineapple; chocolate
**”Spaghetti” is marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds: my favourite thing at the moment! Tomato sauce is basically chopped tomatoes warmed in a pan with onion, garlic, chilli, thyme and other spices. Good stuff.


Afternoon coffee: cup of coffee with oat milk and chocolate
Dinner: cabbage, romaine, broccoli, tomato, onion, sunflower seeds, spirulina, chilli and olives dressed in olive oil; liquorice; banana mash and mixed berries
**Yes, I´ve been eating liquorice all day. For some reason I had a small bag at home and I felt like eating it today.


Oh, the summer started today! The semester is over for me and I went to the garden shop to get some more greens – some of them inedible this time. I bought two dahlias (yellow and pink), thyme and probably my favourite plant in the world – lavender! The scent is so invigorating I can´t get enough of it. Hope it survives in my care.

Today I was also thinking about how the way we eat is so important. There was some kind of expert in Jamie Oliver´s show who said that as soon as your jaws have chewed enough food they send a message to the brain that you are full. Meaning that the amount or quality of food doesn´t really matter. It´s kind of hard to believe when it´s also been said that it takes 20 minutes for the food to arrive in your stomach and for you to feel full. I do think chewing is important and it comes naturally when you eat in a calm place and enjoy the food. According to another "expert" it´s crucial to have different kind of textures and flavours in the food: crunchy, soft, sweet, salty, sour... That´s exactly how I like my salads because that way they are fun to eat.


Today I also updated my blog some more and now it looks more like a real website. I´m going to bring my artsy stuff here instead of a separate page. Hope you like the layout! Not completely happy myself but that´ll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment