02 February 2010

Traffic days

One day I rode my bike in a snowy narrow street. I passed by a blind man with a cane. I passed him too close because I saw him jump surprised. I felt bad immediately.

I often feel bad while cycling about the town. Especially now in winter when the snow is EVERYWHERE and makes moving around trickier. There are people who have to step aside when I drive by. There are people who block my way and I don´t have a bell to let them know I´m right behind them. And I feel too Finnish to give them a polite shout "Excuse me!" Sometimes I´m about to drive over someone who appears behind the corner. It also gets me down when car drivers arrogantly ignore bikers: they don´t bother using the blink or giving way even if I´m goin straight on and they´re turning.

I´ve often complained how bikers don´t have any means to communicate with car drivers. I think I´m going to start carrying snowballs with me and throwing them at anyone who´s misbehaving.

I would enjoy this weather a lot more if I didn´t have to cycle back and forth. I´d rather ride a horse... When the oil really runs out and people have to give up cars that wouldn´t even look too silly! Can´t wait...hahah.

This blog entry was pretty loose so I just add a nice picture in the end to make your day. Enjoy the beauty of this serene cat surrounded by mid-winter melancholy...

 
Muksu in her characteristic coolness

No comments:

Post a Comment