09 January 2012

Have a REAL New Year !

I´m simply
unable to
not
blog !!!

My courses just started today, on this awfully beautiful winter´s day. Yes, proper winter has finally arrived. Well, it might not be proper January for some as it´s merely -7 degrees for the time being.

So my courses started and I´m excited about hundred other things aswell ! (Aswell, indeed, because atleast today´s "Oral English for humanity students" was really fun.) Another major thing to smile about is that ecological and "back-to-the-roots"-kind of thinking is spreading more and more and more. I can tell by the increased number of organic products in my local supermarket. And there are organic products in nearly every department! It´s really awesome to be able to compare different organic products instead of just grabbing the only sort. In that way organic living doesn´t have to be expensive. Today I bought 500ml of organic extra virgin olive oil for about 6€ which is quite decent price for any olive oil.

 


This trend of turning to things genuine and even old-fashioned can be noticed in the field of music, too. Atleast I really love this kind of uncomplicated honest music like what Arttu Wiskari (above) does. He says in an interview that he rather uses real stories in his songs than invented stuff. And that´s exactly why his songs are so real and touching. And national romantic in a good way! :)

Another amazing musician is Lassi Valtonen who just recently released his debut album. Known from the Finnish Idol, he became hugely popular because of his great voice and overall modesty. Even now after becoming a recorded artist, he still looks like the same guy-next-door. 



Yes, so good music and good olive oil... one doesn´t need much more. Another happy thing is that I now live in a lovely old house from the 30´s and one of my walls is made of old logs. It´s beautiful, reminds me of old man´s skin. 

There´s still room for improvements in my Super Diet. I have a short shopping list for iHerb or such even though I´m still eating only the good stuff: loads of veg and fruit, fatty cheese, organic milk and yoghurt, domestic fish, berries, eggs, 100% rye bread... And my very own raw chocolates. These days I´m not even tempted to buy crisps or milk chocolate. It´s liberating. That´s why I feel unable to stop sharing this message of good food and good times. I´m always inspired by the "Jungle Man": www.viidakkomies.com
One of the most popular blogs in Sweden is also about real living and basic values: www.underbaraclara.com 
It´s really cute, sometimes a bit materialistic, but all about "homing" alltogether.
I wanted to tell you like dozen of other interesting things but I´ll save it for later. For now, I leave you with a wish of a better and more genuine New Year !

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment