27 October 2011

Join the crew


I read something interesting a couple of weeks ago.

The company we most times are in has a huge influence on what we are like and what we do. Actually, you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. (Jim Rohn)

So, there´s a very good reason to choose your friends carefully! It´s easy to realize this theory is true. Isn´t it obvious that if you really like someone, you want to agree with them so they would like you too? It´s not always the case, you might enjoy a good quarrel, but maybe your subconscious is plotting against you... 


This allows you to develop to whatever direction you ever want! If you want to get fit, hang out with fit people who do sports and you will adopt their enthusiasm and become fit aswell. If you wish you would study more but feel distracted, tag along with hard-working students who seem do be doing well. If you´re middle-aged longing for adolescence, put a cap on and go to the local skate park...

In terms of self-developement, it´s consequently a good idea to hang out with people who are smarter than you. I have a friend who can discuss anything and knows loads about society and politics, and that´s made me become interested in “serious matters” aswell. 


A few years ago I was on a French course in France. When I got there I realised that most people were much better in French than me. But quite quickly I realized also that I would learn a lot more in that company.

All and all I think it´s important to have different kinds of people around because that keeps things interesting. However, don´t waste your time on people who discourage or bore you, load you with their own troubles or use you in some other way. Friends´ company should ideally be energizing, inspiring and uplifting.

Influencing people around you. That´s what this petty little blog is all about! I want to spread my ideas on good “slow life” and maybe help people find better ways to live and be healthier. This includes very basic indulgences with the best ingredients like these little sweethearts, my first raw chocolates!


Here´s the recipe: coconut oil, cacao powder, roasted and salted almonds, coffee, honey, vanilla extract and a handful of love.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes. (W. Gibson)

1 comment: