06 October 2010

3D

Long time no see.

I'm back to the third reality. In case you wonder, the first one is home and the second is random places all over the world(?). This third dimension is very special for a few reasons. It feels like a second home even though I never really got fond of it. Things are always quite differend here jobwise and moneywise... It's Manchester of course!

The first month I spent in a proper ghetto as it's called by anyone who doesn't live there. Or lives there but doesn't really want to. The area has the highest number of blacks and Caribbeans in the whole city. It's also habitated by few white people, mostly unemployed living on benefits. Junkies, weedheads and the likes. Didn't really feel good about living there. Every time I got off the buss with a bunch of rastas I felt annoyed. I didn't go out in night time either.

Now I live close to where I lived back in the day. There's plenty of students in the neighbourhood, it's safe and buses are frequent. No temperamental black ladies yelling in the street. It's peaceful and one of the biggest parks in Manchester is right behind our house. I feel strange though when I'm surrounded by students every morning on the bus. I know I'm one of them but then again I'm not. I don't get off at uni. I go to work.

In the third reality is sometimes hard to remember who you are because there's barely anything that reminds of home. That's why it's important to come to town, write nonsense and listen to Kolmas Nainen on the library computer...!


-k

No comments:

Post a Comment