12 February 2013

Ice dancer

Monday is kind of like a day off for me because I don´t have any lectures. Since I don´t have to make a schedule for Mondays I can do whatever I like - do everything in reverse, for instance! I started this Monday with skiing now that for once I was free during the daylight. There was a sunny spell, only a few minus degrees. Skiing gave me amazing energy for the rest of the day. I had lunch, ran my errands in town (returned my work clothes), had afternoon coffee and only then went to the uni. At uni I studied and tried to print for a couple of hours. It was a good day. Exercise in the morning seems to be wise.
 
Later on I felt an urge to make cookies. I found this recipe that met my needs: http://blogit.hs.fi/kauhaajarakkautta/2012/04/26/kun-makeanhimo-iskee-maapahkinavoi-kaurakeksit/
This is my version:

Peanut butter oaties

1dl peanut butter
1dl cane sugar and honey
0,5dl chia seed gel (or one egg)
2dl oats
1tsp baking soda
2 tbs sultanas/raisins

Bake in 175 degrees for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. 

My god they are good with milk !!

Since this day was dedicated to spontaneous acts and urges, I realized my dream of being an ice dancer. After studying for a couple of hours at home, my lungs were screaming for fresh air. (Also, cookies taste twice as good after outdoor exercise.) It was 22pm and skating in a darkened ice rink seemed like a romantic idea. My ice dancer outfit was simply a skirt and my favourite winter coat. I had to have music as well so I took my mp3-player with.

Here are some "highlights" from my playlist... 








First it felt like a stupid idea to skate in the dark, making late-night dog walkers freak out. But skating to music is really fun, especially in the dark. It was like being in a shop after closing time. The only problem was that my mp3-player cords got stiff in the cold and the plugs kept falling out of my ears. I had a proper dance spectacle in the dark anyway and maybe some people in Olympia saw my show through window...

 I will go out tonight
Don't wanna waste my time
I feel I'm bound to fly
And I don't love you no more

No comments:

Post a Comment