18 December 2012

Gingerbread !

On Independance Day I decided to make some sweet treats for me and my dinner guest. I´ve been wanting to make gingerbread from the scratch, and now that I found a nice recipe online I could realize my plan. The original recipe belongs to Olga and it doesn´t contain the two baddies, white sugar or white flour. This gingerbread is really delicious and the texture is great if you bake them just for as little time as possible. Here´s the recipe translated and modified by me:

Anne´s Gingerbread

1,5dl agave syrup/maple syrup/honey
4tsp gingerbread seasoning (cardamon, clove, cinnamon, ginger)
100g butter
1 egg
1dl cane sugar
4,5dl spelt flour
1tsp baking soda


1. Heat up the syrup with the spices, don´t boil.

2. Chop the butter into dices and stir into the hot syrup. Cool down.

3. Beat the egg and the sugar until foamy.

4. Mix the egg foam with the syrup.

5. Add in the flour mixed with soda.


6. The dough will be quite runny but it´ll firm up in the fridge overnight. After that you still have to work some more flour into it while rolling it.

7. Bake in 175 degrees for about 9 minutes or until light brown.




Way better than ready gingerbread doughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment