06 December 2012

Crafts and winter spirits

Winter came with a bang! Alteration in the temperature within last week was something like 20 degrees. This week Vaasa got cold greetings from Siberia and I had to go to uni in -15. In spite of that, I get by well wearing my sheep skin overcoat. It´s a lifesaver! Even in this weather I love strolling by the sea...

Cinnamon and icing sugar?

Sea freezing in

Delayed winter fur

Last week I received the most lovely parcel. A handmade notebook from Russia! Behind this is Elena whom I met a couple of summers ago in Greece. We had the best time under the sun of Kefalonia! Elena makes the most beautiful notebooks ever, check out her fb-page: http://www.facebook.com/lisalena.books
Whats makes this book ever more special is that the stone holding the ribbon is from where else than Kefalonia...



 Moving on. I love making things too, not as advanced though as Elena... I´ve been making a lot of Christmas cards, decorations and random paper crafts. I want to show my favourite Christmas decorations: the Swedish paperheart and the Finnish himmeli. Explanation for my Germanic friends:

Himmeli ist eine aufwendige Bastelei aus Stroh, die in Finnland und Schweden eine beliebte Weihnachtsdekoration darstellt.

Julhjärta

At Eija Koski´s himmeli exhibition

 And finally, a greeting for all the Finns or like-minded...


No comments:

Post a Comment