26 March 2012

Some like it simple

Ciao folks!

It´s time to talk about food again. Even though I´d rather not recommend pasta I want to share a couple of my favourite pasta sauce recipes. According to my philosophy one must not give up something you absolutely crave for... like a steaming bowl of spaghetti after sports! I don´t mesure while cooking so I can only give you ingredient lists. My pasta sauce always starts with frying onion. Fresh herbs are surely welcome; just add them in the very end. Trust your instinct with seasoning and keep tasting! Add olive oil in the end aswell.

 Tomato sauce

Onion
Garlic
Chopped tomatoes
Splash of cream
Grated cheese/cream cheese
Paprika
Chili
Salt+Pepper
Fresh rocket
Olive oil


Beetroot sauce

Onion
Boiled and chopped beetroot
Cream
Nutmeg
Marjoram
Salt+pepper
Fresh rocket
Olive oil


Isn´t it pretty! :)

A perfect dessert would be this sin-free Banana icecream with cacao sauce. For one portion freeze a banana in pieces. Smash it with a blender stick and, believe it or not, it turns amazingly creamy. For the cacao sauce mix coconut cream and raw cacao powder. Sweeten with agave syrup or honey. On top toss a few mulberries or other berries. Awesome!

And it gets even more exciting! My new thing is Chaga mushroom which got "legalized" recently. It has 500 times more antioxsidants than blueberries. Need I say more? Last time I visited my hometown I collected a lot of Chaga, chopped and ground it. It looks like coffee! I don´t know how to describe the taste because it´s not very strong. I drink it as tea.

I´m planning to have a raw food week as to experiment how it affects my energy levels. Whenever it happens I´ll keep you posted and tell you everything! I´ll be a volunteer guineapig.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment