11 March 2011

Fryday update

I´m posting quite a traditional blog entry with no particular subject. I didn´t come up with anything on Women´s Day, I don´t want to write about politics or tsunamis so I´ll tell you about my grey life in Vaasa.

The weather (that´s a subject to start with!) is getting more and more exciting. Sometimes I wish I had tigh-high wellies and overalls with just holes for the eyes. I do enjoy the wind and crispiness but today´s slush is just unbearable.

Last week sidewalks looked like this.
<---

Every March people are mistaken on the season - they think it´s already spring because February is over. Teens start wearing Chucks and leave their beanies at home. I´m a pessimist like every decent Finn ought to be and hold on to my mittens till May...


I escaped today´s snow storm into a grocery store that happened to be own my way. What else could I have done but to shop some nice food for Friday´s sake. I spend a long while in the veg departement. I´d been craving for some simple Asia-inspired stir-fry and I also had an idea for veggie patties. The result was superb! Lentil-oat-patties and stir-fry! Amaaazing food, I tell you: healthy, nutritious and tasty!


Also, as I´ve been avoiding bread for a few days I wanted to reward myself with a loaf of proper local bread. This spelt bread is heavenly but I don´t know how I´ll manage to eat it all.


While digesting this fantastic food I have time to mull over a thick book I just (finally) finished: One Hundred Years of Solitude. It´s an exhaustingly long story about a Souh American family spanning over 100 years. It´s definitely very differend from every book I´ve ever read. It´s magical like a fairy tale yet historical, unpredictable and deliciously realistic.

Next time for something more suspenseful...

1 comment: