09 April 2010

About sprouting



It´s time again. Time to inhale fresh april air and exhale all the sorrow and dust of the gone winter. Time to look ahead, renew and start all over again. It´s the time of bittersweet and tingling yearn for summer. Atleast for students and the like.

I´ve always liked spring more than summer but I never really could explain it. Untill my English teacher commented on my spring-related essay and said: "Yes, spring is definitely nicer ´cause everything is still ahead." 

That´s an aspect I hadn´t really thought of before. But that´s not necessarily the whole story. First of all, spring is full of fun holidays like Easter (good memories from childhood, without any religious traits), my birthday and 1st of May the last one being my favourite holiday. Spring is when you make adventurous plans for summer and daydream about beach life, deep green forests, new acquintances, bbq-parties and not to mention finnish "nightless nights" and its magic. 

There´s so much pressure in terms of Finnish summer. Everyone waits for it so desperately it might end up being a disappointment when spring on the contrary is only slightly warm and makes people smile cautiously after a long long reign of snow. As if you saw the sun for the first time of your life, every year. It´s a rebirth, a reward or a blessing.

I feel like coming alive again. I polish my boots, wash winter clothes and pack them away, go through my stuff and sell anything I don´t need, go to hairdresser´s, renew my diet... The nature starts another new cycle and I don´t want to be left behind. First we bud, then we bloom and finally fade more or less gracefully. 

So plant your seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment