24 September 2012

Run like you mean it

My philosophy is to do everything and try everything. There´s nothing that can stop me and when I look back I see that I have indeed done quite a lot of stuff. My trip to Greece was even a subject of an article in a paper because the editor thought “I do such interesting things”. Yes, and why wouldn´t everyone else!


Work is often an obstacle for people not doing things they really want. Work is just a means to make money so you could have a roof over your head, food and then: do things you like. It´s dead simple. No one has to work all the time for all their life. Really. Unfortunately not everyone thinks I´m supposed to have life outside work. I´d rather be a little lazy and selfish than try to collect cool work certificates. Because when you work, you sell your time and freedom for a certain amount of money. On one hand there´s money and on the other there´s time. Which one is more important?

Time is my friend, that I know for sure, and it´s precious. I feel sorry for people who don´t know how to occupy themselves on their free-time. It´s extremely important to have things you can be passionate and excited about.


One of my top joys in life is physical activity. It´s pretty awesome being able to run fast, climb, swim and so on and so forth. I don´t know why anyone wouldn´t take advantage of all that. That adrenaline kick I get from sports is so invigorating. Best way to feel alive again after a long day at uni. And I´m not talking about aimless jogging on a treadmill while watching Friends - I´m more for going out and doing real things like running in a forest, climbing and working out with my hands or feet on the ground.

Adrenaline is sweet. I wonder why they don´t sell it in cans.

It´s pretty useful to do things that stir you or frighten you. It´s another thing I learned from the inspirational Viidakkomies. Everyone knows how good it feels after a presentation in front of a class or stuff like that. I´m unable to explain it further but it´s just good to do daring stuff. What is daring is also travelling, leaving your comfort zone literally. I´ve deliberately made myself enough time and money to go Egypt in about five days so more daring is to come... I want to try diving so bad even though I find it scary. I will do it though and post an entry about it. So stay tuned and live courageously. 

Peace !


No comments:

Post a Comment