20 February 2012

Mmm... getting PISSed

The consept of "slow life" includes a great deal of making things by yourself. That´s to ensure getting products that are pure, preservative(+other shit) free and that include that essential touch of love! When it comes to fruit and berry liquors, they´re often way too sweet which is another good reason to make it yourself. Last time I made liquor was in upper secondary school (don´t tell my mum) and back then it was a success. I´ve been intending to do it again since then. Only now was the time ripe..! My intention was to make it organic but unfortunately Alko´s range of organic spirits was scarce and so was the situation with organic lemons in the supermarket.


There are variou recipes for "limoncello" on the net. I used five lemons for 0,7l of very common Finnish spirit. Simply peel the lemons and add them into a clean jar with the booze. Let it sit for two weeks and mix every day if you fancy...It turns nice and yellow.


Yesterday I drained out the lemon peels and added some water (4dl?) and sugar. I was stupid enough to use brown sugar and my beautiful liquor turned brownish and looks like piss. I´ll let it sit for another week and taste it.

BYOB gets an entire new meaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment