18 December 2009

Impressions of the cold


I took my camera out on one of the coldest days of the week. On a day like this I remember why I live in this country. I don´t think there are many places where you can find beauty like this right outside the town centre. These pictures were taken while walking down a jogging path about 0,5 km from the centre of Vaasa... This is how much snow we got in just a couple of days!


Sun is going down in the Gulf of Bothnia and it´s not even 4 pm. Unfortunately all the brightest days are also the coldest. You can´t see breath-taking sceneries like this without freezing. (Except through a window.)



It´s the blue moment. Snow ain´t always white... Such a vast and open space makes your mind wander somewhere far far far away.

Today it´s not that crispy cold anymore and it´s even bearable to ride a bike. Last pre-Christmas party is behind and now there´s only the actual Christmas to get through. As usually I´ve pretty much ignored the whole thing because of being busy and occupied worrying about more important things such as exams. I bought only two gifts but that´s doesn´t equal the number of nice people I know. There´s actually plenty of people who would deserve a gift. But since I´m such a non-materialistic (= stingy) person, I´ll settle for spreading good vibes and peace all around me.

I didn´t even write a wish list to Santa. I´ve come to think that it´s not wise to let friends and relatives buy you goods because they might not be the right kind, colour, model, etc. I know, it´s horrible to say that but I´m just trying to be smart!

If I did write to Santa, the letter would look like this:

Dear mr. Santa,

I know you´re a busy man and I´m almost a grown-up who might not even count into your usual clientele. However, I´ve done a lot of good deeds this year and continued being a veggie-eater. This is what would fulfill my materialistic needs:

  • Green Apple iPod nano
  • Nokia mobile phone (model doesn´t really matter)
  • Ralph Lauren´s Notorious-fragrance
  • white teapot
  • Enough-book by John Naish
  • acoustic guitar


Yep, I know I´m expensive. But thank god I can live without all that stuff! (Atleast ´till the next salary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment